The Company and its third-party service providers may ask you for personal information, and we may collect certain information from your device each time you visit the Site. “Personal Information” means personally identifiable information, which includes:
How We Collect Information
The Company may collect personal information from Users when they register or create an account on our Site, or through other ways such as when you fill in forms on our Site; subscribe to any of our Services; complete a survey; post material to the Site; or download content. We may also collect information you provide when you contact us by phone, e-mail, text message or messaging application on social media. The date, time and content of messages in the course of your use of our products or Services, as well as any transcripts or content provided during real-time or asynchronous tutoring sessions may also be collected. We may collect social network profile information that you have made publicly available through your social network account settings if you choose to access our social media pages or connect or otherwise link to our Site with your own social media page. The Company also may collect customers’ and public feedback on social media.
How Information is Used
We and our third-party service providers may use information collected to:
- Operate, maintain and improve our Site;
- Conduct analytics to help us better understand our customers and improve our products and services;
- Process and manage purchases made by you;
- Respond to your customer service inquiries, post your comments related to our products and services on our social network pages and take other actions in response to your questions, comments or Site activity;
- Communicate with you about special offers, services and promotions that may be of interest to you;
- Help us develop, customize, deliver, support and improve our services;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- Notify you about changes to our service;
- Conduct market research in order to serve targeted advertisements.
When you log in or visit our Site, your IP address may be combined with other de-identified data (such as a hashed, non-readable e-mail or postal address), and such information may be used by third-party service providers to send ads and materials to you based on your preferences, interests and attributes. Such information may also be combined with aggregate information collected from other Users or sources and used by third-party service providers to conduct market research and to better target their advertising. Although you may not opt out of receiving online advertisements generally, you may find out how to opt out of having your online behavior collected by third-party advertisers for advertising purposes. You may visit each ad network’s website individually to opt-out and review their privacy policies, or you may visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out website at: http://www.aboutads.info/, or the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out website at: http://networkadvertising.org/.
Disclosure of Information
The Company and its third-party service providers may share your personal information under the following circumstances:
- With any member of our group of companies (our subsidiaries and our ultimate parent company and its subsidiaries);
- With companies that provide services to us, such as credit card processors, website hosts, e-mail vendors, and other companies that help us provide our services or our Site;
- To share technical data that, we collect about your browsing habits and your device (such as data collected via our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies as discussed above) with third-party service providers and other advertising companies. This enables them and us to better target ads to you and other customers.
- In response to legal processes when required to comply with laws, to combat fraudulent or criminal activity, to enforce our agreements, corporate policies and the terms of conditions of our Site, and to protect the rights, property and safety of our business, our employees, agents, customers or others;
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Policy, please contact us using the contact information shown on our Site.
Last Updated: September 2019